Friday, November 05, 2004

Chicken Feet is not for Everyone


Last weekend, I had the pleasure of meeting Michael's mom, and Andrew, and Andrew's sister. We went to this very big Dim Sum place in Chinatown.



I had a great time. Ordering food and chase after the Dim Sum Carts...

Suggested by Andrew's sister, we ordered the bloody looking chicken feet. Michael and Mom had to give it a try, at least. We've expect them to be thrilled by the exotic Cantonese dish.

I used to eat it when I was young. It's one of most popular Dim Sum dish ever. But for some reason, I stopped eating feet. (Wait, that sounds weird)

Michael, played the role of the laboratory white mouse, was the first to taste it. (As a matter of fact, he was the first person to taste everything)

Mom looked at him closely.

Andrew and his sister looked at him.

We waited to see his reaction. As if, to see if the food was poisonous or not.

He lifted his head up. Shook his head. His facial expression was priceless.

Okay, so Michael didn't like the chicken feet. At the end of the day, I believe he only chewed one toe off the feet.



There are other things they haven't tried. For example, I saw a tray of DUCK feet that looked totally delicious... And the DUCK blood chunks... Hrm... Yummy... Oh yeah, and the chewy Intestine Soup... Who can ever forget its texture and the soft tissue?

Anyway, I really had a great time. Since my fall (the blue foot), I've never really went out to the city on my own. I really missed hanging out with friends... And go to places.... Thank you Michael, for inviting me. :) I owe you and Andrew dinner!

Ah, did I mention Michael got me a turtle? The turtle is now part of my office resident, along side with the Xmen.



Today is the Cast-Off day. I'm so excited!

No comments: