Monday, January 12, 2004

(After) The Wedding Banquet


Phew. Okay. I have finally submitted my entry for Bloggie. (I didn't know about it until I visited his site)

Anyway, this is suppose to be another Holiday back track, but I just have to blog about it.

This past weekend, we (The love (?) birds and I) went to the female love bird's friend's wedding banquet. (Gee, is it me? This sentence seemed weird)

The Banquet took place at a Cantonese Restaurant some where in Flushing, Queens. I have to say, despite the little tiny space, we had a great time. The food was fabulous. (Fabulous in a Joan River kinda way)

I spent the last 5 days, controlling my diet and finally lost 4 lbs. But after the banquet, I'm back into my Mr. Santa phase. I just couldn't resist the food.

After stuffing ourselves like a bunch turkey, we head to the Karaoke to continue the celebration. Some people had to leave, because they lived out side of New York.

The Bride reserved two booths, since there were so many people who could stay for to the Karaoke.

In our booth, people are mostly the Bride's Grad School friends. (Including my sister) Those are the people that I'm familiar with.

In the other booth, are filled with the Bride?s roommate and their friends. (Younger Generation. Pfft) They all sang new songs.

Due to the fact that we can order drinks for free (the totally amount can add up to the booth fee) that people start to order alcohol. The female love bird, another lady, and I ordered non-alcohol drinks. (The female love bird had root canal, the other lady is pregnant, and I have to drive home)

The Karaoke night started out slowly. The Bride and Hubby walked back and forth between the two booth.

People start to pick the songs they like. The Bride sang first. A Chinese song by Andy Lau.

Then, My cell phone ranged.

For the first 40 minutes, I stayed at the lobby area, talking on the phone. (Was chatting with my pal Danni in CA). After I returned to the booth, I noticed those with alcohol drinks were pretty much intoxicated.

At the time, the male love bird was singing to a boy band song.

The female love bird was busy taking pictures with her digital camera.

The Hubby mouthing to the lyrics.

The Bride went to the lady's room.

Loud. I thought.

Quietly, I sat down on the edge of the sofa.

I smiled. I clapped. I picked a song for myself. (I love to sing, but I don't have the voice. As a matter of fact, I have the most weird sounding voice that I have ever heard in my entire life. The truth is, I find my voice to be extremely unpleasant. My mom agreed with me too.)

They drank more. And more.

Cheers.

More Cheers.

Then as soon as Madonna's "Like A Virgin" started to play, the Hubby jumped up, grabbed the microphone and started to sing. While singing, he wiggled his body back and forth.

"Yeah Baby!" We screamed.

The male love bird jumped up and screamed. "Yeah! Shake it!"

I looked to the right, at the Hubby? I thought he was shy? I guess the alcohol bought out the wolf in him.

I looked to the left, at the male love bird, whom has always been flamboyant. I saw the alcohol had loosen him up.

Then all of the sudden, the male love bird jumped me and started to spank drunken Hubby's butt.

The female love bird yelled. "What are you doing?!" Then broke into laugher.

The Hubby giggled and continued to sing.

Everyone else got up and sang along while the spanking action continues. "Like a virgin, touched for the very first time!"

Myself, on the other hand, couldn?t believe what just happened. I sat on the edge of the soft, observing this amazing event like a goodie Jr. High School girl.

I clapped my hand along with others, while thinking..."Damn you animals. Show come class, please!"

ABBA's "Dancing Queen" was the next song. Continuing the hype from the previous song, everyone was on their feet singing. (Well, I got up too. I felt left out)

Then Bride came back from the other booth.

"I'm back!!"

The female love bird said: "You missed the best part!"

The Bird replied "Never too late to start it again!" and picked up her cup of Sake.

"Cheers!"

She gobbled up the sake.

The Hubby, the male love bird drank their wine.

The female love bird, and another girl had fruit tea.

I picked up the cup of my (very sweet) iced coffee, and cheered.

The Bride stood in front of the screen, moving her body back and forth, singing to Dancing Queen.

You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life~
See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen~


We joined her, as the back-up singer/dancer/drunks.

Just before the song ends, the Hubby's sister came into our booth and grabbed him to the other booth. "Got a song for him!"

The next song started to play:

BEAT IT. (Yup. Jacko's song)

The men in the room got hyped up.

"This is OUR SONG! We dedicated this song to you!"

Some guy took one microphone, while the male love bird and I share the other.

"Yeah, Beat it~ Beat it~"

Mid-way though the song, the female love bird said: "Wayne! Give her a lap dance!"

"Yeah!" Screamed the Bride.

For some reason, out of no where, an invisible hand pushed my body toward the front of the room.

I grabbed the Bride's hand and turned her around and then pressed my chest against her back.

Then, the invisible hand pushed my hip back and forth, at the same time, my shoulders start to shake.

"Yeah Shake it!" She yelled.

The make love bird jumped over the little table and stood in front of the Bride.

He shook his body.

I shook my body.

He shook his body shimmy style. (Upper Body Only)

I shook my body doggy style. (Upper body and lower body, different direction and speed!)

I love competitions, don't you?

Then I gave it all.

We all did.

The rest of the night is filled with screams, laugher, and lots of alcohol. (For me, it was sugar and caffeine)

We had fun, really.

I never had so much fun with so many straight people. (Ahem, I'm usually the shy quiet one in front of them)

The next day, after I climbed off my bed, I saw my sister sitting in front of her computer.

"Uh, its afternoon already?" I mumbled.

"Good Morning." Said the male love bird.

I nodded at him. (Gee, at our place again?)

"Wayne. You should see yourself last night."

"Why?"

"Wanna take a look?" She grinned.

What? What? What did she mean by that?

"Ah." Escaped though my lips.

Thanks to the modern technology for the digital vid-camera. Everything that happened in the previous night were all caught on video.

After the female love bird played it back on her laptop. I had the total jaw-dropping experience.

First we saw the clip of the soft-core man-on-man ass spanking action. Performed by the very drunk male love bird and the semi-drunk Hubby.

The male love bird laughed.

Female love bird then said?"Wait until you see this."

She played the second clip.

Music played though the laptop. "Beat it~ Beat it~" I heard my ugly voice though the speakers.

"Gawd. I sound awful. Why did I sing."

I had the loudest voice among the 4 men. Whenever I hear my own voice (via voice mail, messages etc) I get chills up my back. I was shiver all over until I saw the part where the male love bird and I surrounded the Bride.

Then I saw myself placing my left leg on the table, just next to the Bride?s thigh, and start to move my left lip forward in circles. Swinging my right arm in the air, in circles. The male love bird, behind her, continue to do the same move.

The Bride covered her face in embarrassment, yet, yelling? "Yeah! Yeah!"

The Hip rubbing action was followed by body shimmy...

There we were. Dancing, Shaking and Humping against the Bride's body, like, A coven of fairies doing the tribe dance. My gosh, we were dazzling! (I looked so damn gay)

I returned to my desk, speechless. Pretended nothing ever happened, I proceed to play my computer game.

In my head, I totally thought we should have sang "Diamond's are a girl's best friend."

No comments: