Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Phone Memory IV


Phone Rings…

Wayne picks up the phone.


Female Voice: “Hi! May I speak to Ms. XXXXX XXXXX?”

Wayne: “May I ask who is speaking?”

Female Voice: “I’m Jody, calling from XXXXXX…(and she continued to introduce the name of the whatever credit card company she represents)”

Wayne: “Oh, she’s currently not available right now.”

Jody: “Are you related to Ms. XXXXX?”

Wayne: “No. I’m her cousin’s friend. Just visiting.”

Jody: “Sir, I would like to inform you about a new great plan. Currently, we are offering 0% APR for the first year… ”

Wayne: “Meow.”

Jody paused.

Wayne: “Meow meow meow meow Meow meow meow meow

Jody: “Excuse me?”

Wayne: “I’m the house cat now. Cats don’t use credit cards.”

Jody: “V-E-R-Y funny.” (She said it in a sarcastic way.)

Wayne: “Got the hint? I’m not interested.”

Jody: “Well, thank you sir. If you changed your mind, please call 1-800-….”

Wayne: “Meow Meow”

Wayne hangs up the phone.


I’m not usually this rude. But this specific credit card ding-dong calls our place at least 2-3 times a month. Argh!

No comments: