Friday, December 12, 2003

Farewell


I can still remember the first day that I start working at this company. Because of this job position, I moved all the way from my beloved California to New York. The first day at work was nerve-shocking. Unfamiliar faces, unfamiliar environment and unfamiliar work flow. Like an artist needing inspiration, on my first day of work, I looked for eye candies that will make my working life more pleasurable.

On my entire floor, there is only one person who caught my attention. David. Aside from his young age (being a Director of another department), handsome Tom-Cruise-que face, crystal clear green eyes, soft healthy-looking brown hair, nice average-build body and a Law Degree; David has the most amazing attitude towards other people.

After I saw him down the Hallway, I couldn’t stop thinking about how perfect of a husband he would be. My heart almost burst into pieces when I found out that my cubical is right across from the entrance to his office. Though out the years, David, had been with me though up and downs. (Not that he was really there, but mentally, he made my stressful day at work less stressful.) Since we work for different departments, we never really had the chance to carry on a conversation. I never had the chance to accidentally drop my handkerchief and totally bend over and push my ass toward his direction. (This move requires special butt-pads to make the butt curve more round and smooth.) But listening to the sound of his voice really sooth my tension. He’s very genuine when he talks with his fellow co-workers. I love it when he laughed at co-worker’s joke, or when he was discussing some law-related issues over the phone, or even, when he sighted after he found out that his client was facing family difficulty. (Sh*t, I’m a stalker!) Even on his Birthday, there weren’t many people that would celebrate with him. I had such an urge of jumping into his office and give him the lapdance of his life. But I couldn’t do it. I had no reason to burst into his office.

David has been my fantasy husband for the longest time, during my SINGLE days. Even thought that feeling had ‘die’ down a little tiny bit… But whenever I get a quick glance at David, he stills make my heart skip a beat.

Seriously, he played a huge part for me not hating New York as much as I wanted to.

When I heard the news about our group will be moving to another building, the first thing that came to my mind, is how far away that I will be from David. I didn’t know how to say goodbye. I don’t just want to move out of this building without saying anything. I mean, will he miss me? Will he even noticed that he’s got a secret admirer?

Gosh, I’m so gonna miss him.

But we are not moving until next year, so, I get to see and hear more of David.

This morning, when I was getting my bottles of vitamins out of my bag, David walked down the hallway.

He saw me.

I looked back up to him.

David: “Hi Wayne.”

Wayne: “Hey! Good Morning.” (Yes Sweet Heart, how can I service you today?)

David: “How are you doing?”

Wayne: “Well, it’s Friday, you know. Thank Gawd!” (I’m doing fabulous Darling, want me to help you out of your clothes? I can make you feel much better when both of us are naked.)

David: “Good to hear.”

Then he paused a little.

I looked at him in the eyes.

David: “Uh, Just to let you know, that today is my last day.”

Wayne: “Ah? Really?” (OH WHAT!? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? YOU GONNA LEAVE ME AFTER YOU PLAYED ME LIKE THAT?!)

David: “That was what the party was about yesterday.”

Wayne: “Are you, quitting this job for good?” (David, please, don’t go~)

David: “Yes. I got an offer from ______ (name of the firm). With better pay and benefits. More room to exercise my skills.”

Wayne: “Oh, then this is a great news. I’m sure ______(the company that I work for) will miss having you working for them.” (Sweetheart, I’m very happy for you. Now, you can ear more money and then buy us a house, and a car, we gonna have 2 kids, 2 dogs, and probably a house boy while you are at it.)

David: “I wish.”

Wayne: “Well, I’m not sure what I should say. All I know is that I wish you the best luck with the new company, and Happy Early Holiday.” (David, wahhhh… I’m gonna cry…)

David reached over and shook my hand firmly. “Thank you.” Then he returned to his office.

While going to another building to help some moron with the computer, I secretly went to Hallmarks and bough David a card, along with some whiskey chocolates. Upon returning to my desk, I started to do my art project. I wrote in the card, that it was great having him as a co-worker, even though we never worked together, and how I wish him greater success with his career and blah blah. Then I drew a little rain-deer on the side, posing the famous victory sign with its fingers. On the bottom, I signed my name, and followed by a smiley. I used masking tape, and tapped the chocolates on the envelope. One by one, they formed the pattern of a colorful sun flower.

I inserted the card in the envelope, and then placed it on his desk. (He went to have a goodbye-lunch with fellow directors.)

Then I went to lunch.

Later in the afternoon, David knocked on the wall where my cabinet is standing next to.

David: “Wayne?”

I turned and looked back. (Yes Baby?)

David: “Thank you.” He looked at me in the eyes.

Wayne: “You are very welcome. I wasn’t really prepared. I left all my Christmas stuff at home.”

David: “That was really nice. Wayne. Thank you, I thank you very much!”

He shook my hands again.

I smiled back. “Good luck!!” (It is you leaving me first before I leave you… )

He nodded his head, and return to pack his stuff.

Farewell David, hope that you will succeed in the new Company, and may lots of cuties surround you and make your work environment a real paradise.

Your Biggest Fan,

Wayne

No comments: