Monday, October 20, 2003

Dance with me, on Subway


As part of my habit, whenever I’m on the subway, I’d stay as close to the doors as possible. Mainly due to the fact, that when something happens, I can just ran out in a S-N-A-P. But of course, if the train is crowded with people, then I’d move in to make more for the people.

Maybe because it was rather early in the morning, there weren’t a lot of people coming on the (2) train. I happily hopped onto my dearest (2) train and wrap my right hand around the pole that is right in front of the doors. Maintain my gentle yet elegant posture, that I rode in the trembling train as if I’m doing my figure skating long program.

Smile! Yes. I must maintain my smile!

Balance! Yes. I must maintain my balance!

Custom! Yes.. . I must keep the wrinkles away from my suit!

Totally like a super model wanna-be, I stood facing the doors dreaming about how one day, I’ll become an action movie star… I’d be international known… Lots of people chasing after me for my autograph… and sell them on eBay…

When the train stopped at the next exit, an African American lady stepped in. She’s around 5’6, and weights…. Uh…. I dunno how much she weights. (400+ lbs?) Ahem, there is nothing wrong with her size. I mean, she looked nice. In her black stretch pants (Express?) and orange / pink floral long sleeves shirt, and black polyester jacket.

All of the sudden, I felt an intense pulse vibrating from the bottom of the pole to the center of my palm. The lady has placed her hand firmly under mine. She too, grabbed onto the pole.

A few more people made their way into the (2) train just before the doors snapped back into place. As the train started to move, the lady remained motionless. After a couple minutes, I started to feel certain force pressing against my left side of the body.

This lady is pushing me with her weight.

My initial thought was that the train must be giving her a rough ride, she couldn’t maintain her balance. Just to test how rough the train is, I threw off my balance and let my body move along the rhythm of the train.

Aside from the pressure from the lady, I stood pretty still in the train.

Okay, so the ride wasn’t rough. As I thought to myself.

Then what is this lady’s problem?

Slowly she did, she moved her body toward me. Yet, her face was facing the other direction.

Uh… Is she trying to TOUCH me like what I think she is DOING?

But again, She’s not touching me at the places that should be touched. I mean, in terms of sexual-harassment.

So, what does she want?

Ah.

Damn b*tch, you are trying to take over my spot!

I grabbed firmly onto the pole with both of my hands.

I leaned forward to make sure that there are only 1 inch space between the pole and my chest.

Along with the ups and downs in the train, I swing my body back and forth while centering on the pole.

I was like a go-go pole dancer from the hottest Gentlemen’s Club in town. Turning and twist my body to secure my space around the pole.

Yeah baby, watch me! See this?! See this?!

Can you dance like this?!

Can you move like that?!

Lady, Back off, this pole is mine! Mine!! All Mine!!!

I start to picture myself, as Naomi from the movie, Show Girls, working the pole. (Except I was wearing suit)



Then all of the sudden, the lady slammed her butt toward my direction.

Crap!

I let go of my hands.

I had to back off. I mean, I don’t want to touch that thing. I mean, I don’t want to be near it. Period.

I backed up until my back is press firmly against another passengers in the train.

“I’m sorry, I lost my balance.”

The gentlemen gave me a nod and a smile, then turned his face.

So, I have lost my spot to the lady.

I mean, she didn’t even give me the chance to do my ultimate finishing move…”Licky Licky.” (See picture demonstration below)



But again, I might die from poison.

Oh well. She can have that spot.

With my back leaning against an okay-looking guy, I shouldn’t complain too much. I mean, it was better than having my body firmly pressed against that woman’s butt.

No comments: