Thursday, October 16, 2003

Post Office Eye-Tango


Yesterday, I was at the postal office during my lunch time. Sending a belated Birthday card to a dear friend of mine in California. (TWO WEEKS LATE! OH MY GAWD… Oh well, at least I remembered it during my morning shower.) It was about 1:25 in the afternoon, and the line was HUGE. I mean, I have never seen such a LONG line in the post office in the afternoon. (It is usually packed around noon, but never packed after 1 PM) I guess it was my lucky day, to stand and wait and totally waste my precious time when I can go back to my desk, check my emails, and read blogs.

I walked to the end of the line, which, there were probably 37 people in front of me.

“This is going to be a long wait.” I said to myself as I rolled my eyes.

So, what do you normally do when you are stuck in a very long line, you know for sure that you will spent at least 30 minutes until you reach the counter?

For me, I was desperately seeking some Eye Candies to keep my mind busy. I mean, what else can I do? Since I don’t have a computer with me, I can’t work on my project. (Ha, like I’m gonna do that.) I could have call someone using my cell phone, but I don’t feel comfortable talking about hot steamy sexy wet wet wet instant noodles while there are people around me.

I quickly scanned though all the people in the post office. Of all 37 people in line, none of them I find attractive. I mean, I didn’t even have the slightest interests in starring at their face for more than 2 seconds. (wow, I’m so stuck up) They were no eye candies. They were just not-so-pretty-strangers who are waiting in line with me. Then I turned my head, at where the “Customer Pick-up” counter is located. And BLING! Two attractive men at the counter.

Finally, eye candies… But they are SO FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR away. I mean, why?! Who in the world designed this post office, that the package pick-up area is so damn far away from the waiting line? I mean, if they can be a little closer.. just a little closer.. So I can get a better look at them….

Sigh

But anyway. The two hunks in semi-formal clothes were too far away… And they had their back turned facing me.

Sux.

So, my eyes wondered around, hoping that there will be more eye candies coming into the post office.

Within the next 15 minutes, there were already 10 people waiting behind me. And again, none of them were eye-candy materials. (Oh, by all means, they are just not my type, you know. I mean, I won’t even strip for them for 2 bucks. But if you are willing to pay $300.00… then we can discuss more about it…)

Then all the sudden. A NYPD Canine hot boy came into the post office. In his hands, he was holding a stack of envelopes.

Inside, my heart was screaming “Oh yeah baby! Come to Uncle Wayne!”

What a cutie! He is all in the uniform, with a gun wrapped around his right thigh. Wearing a dark blue jacket with “NYPD CANINE” logo on the back, and a pair of those awesome black battle boots. He’s about 5’9, dark brown hair, dark green eyes, and cute thick eye brows… UH UH!!

That stack of envelopes will make him wait just as long as myself in the same line.

But, he took a glance over at our direction. Stood in place for about 2 seconds, then he turned his body toward the Stamp vending machine behind him.

ARGH! Why do cute guys always turned away from me?!?!?!

So, it was me, watching the NYPD Canine HOT boy inserting the bills in the vending machine. Then he got the stamps. And then walk over to the OTHER side of the pole and start putting stamps on the envelopes. I mean, why would he walked to the OTHER side of the pole? I couldn’t see any parts of him.

Sux.

After a good 26 minutes wait (Yep. It went faster than I expected) I finally send out that belated Birthday care. Returned to my office. And found out that I missed a meeting that I was suppose to attend.

Sux.

No comments: