Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Plaza


Near where I work, there's an indoor plaza. (Well, more like a food court) - Where there are chairs and tables for people to relax and enjoy the day.

Couple years ago, when I flew to New York for the job interview, I would wait at the food court until it was time to meet the Human Resource representative. After the interview, I came back down to the food court and wait patiently until the female love bird get off work.

Once thing that never change, since I started to work in New York, is that from Noon till 4:00PM, there would be a lot of people gathering at the tables... Playing chess. Most of them observed the game, and some waited for their turn to play.

Everything seems professional. Aside from the classy wooden chest board - some players brought in their own little timer.

They never get tired of the game.

Earlier today, I went into the plaza - just to get myself a nice Blueberry Banana Fruit Shake - From afar, I saw two men sitting facing each other, at a game of chess.

Rosewood chess set and the little silver timer on the table. Both men were sitting still. As if, one is waiting for the other to make the next move.

Never learned how to play chess, I thought that it was about time for me to be an observer. Perhaps, I will learn chess though watch these afternoon masters at work.

I walked toward the two men, hoping that my presence will not be a distraction.

Then, after I've came closer to the table, I saw...

That the two men were sleeping. (Zzzz.....)

No comments: