Friday, January 23, 2004

Things Come and Go


Piece by piece, as I pack my office STUFF in the big brown cardboard box, memories flew in and out of my head. Maybe it is because I don’t need to wear a suit to work today. No tie around my neck, no belt around my waist, and no black shoes that required constant polishing. I felt rather easy, on a day that is supposed to be sad.

I'd never thought that I would say good bye to this little cubical... The cubical where I first started the job in New York City.

The table with scratch and tape marks, the light purple chair with unknown stains, empty cabinets that were once filled with snacks, and the extension cords with my drawing on it... Will become part my new memories.

Covered with dust, my hands dig though piles of paper. Shoveling them left and right, only to discovered the missing stapler that I had been desperately searching for 2 months ago.

Bags after bags, I grabbed the snacks and CDs out of the hidden secret corner in the file cabinet. Some of them, I didn’t even remember I had them.

As I reached for red folder found under the stack of paper, I remember how it was a project that was assigned for me to completed, but ended up been completely forgotten by everyone.

Thank gawd there were no bugs, or a dead bodies. I said to myself as I took one last look at the once full cubical.

I would say Good Bye to David, if he’s still here. Since he already left for another job, I didn’t feel as ‘down’ as I expected to be.

I looked down at the boxes on the floor and took a deep breath.

This day has finally arrived, and it is the time.

"Off to the new office building, now." I whispered to my ex-Cubical.

No comments: