Friday, January 30, 2004

It's Goddess!


Brushing though black, gray, ivory coats - I swiftly pushed my body though the mountain of people coming in and out in Penn Station.

Every weekday morning, I would have to 'dash' my body though the people just to make it to the subway in time.

Each morning, I would pass though familiar faces.

Monique still works at Dunkin' Donut.

And that handsome cop named Ross, always stood near K-Mart.

The rude ticket booth guy will always be there.... And several eye candies that I have noticed within the last 2 months.

Routine of life, I call it.

But today was different.

Something strange happened.

In my (a little too big) black coat, carrying my bag, in the usual speed, I speed-walk-and-dodge though the people, heading toward the [2] train.

In front of me, I saw a young woman, probably around my age, in a dark purple coat. Under neath her coat, she wore a nicely-tailored royal blue suit. (Ann Taylor?)

Oh, that's a pretty coat. Since there weren't many people wear that color to work.

I continued to walk forward.

She continued to walk toward me.

Oh, that's a nice shade of hair color. I eyed her up and down.

She, on the other hand, had her eyes focusing on her cell phone.

As we got closer toward each other, the more she was aware of my presence.

Then our eyes met for a split second.

I didn't stop.

She didn't stop.

I took a step to the right, gave her direct full access to pass.

She took a step to the left, and stopped directly in front of me.

I look at her.

She lowered her hand with the cell phone, and looked at me into the eyes.

"Jesus."

She said.

Then she walked around me - and disappeared in the forest of people.

I was stunned. I stood there, with my mouth wide open.

"It's Goddess, you fool!!" I thought.

No comments: