Thursday, November 13, 2003

Peppermint Hot Chocolate


Thanks to this guy, that he mentioned numerous of time in his blog, about the Starbucks Peppermint Hot Chocolate, which is something that is rarely (or even, don’t exist) in the US chain.

(This is not fair. Do you know that the Mc Donald's in Hong Kong and Taiwan serves Dim Sum?! How come we don’t have that here in US?! ARGH)

For being an ex-Starbucks freak. Yes. Ex. After my stomach developed serious problems, I have reduced my coffee intake. (Farewell, my sweet Iced Caramel Mochiato) And yes. I even gave up on my Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee Coolatta. All for my sick tummy… and also for my WEIGHT. YES. I have gained SO MUCH weight, my tummy vibrates for a good 5 seconds whenever I whack it.

Anyway, I was so turned on by Angelo’s description, I just had to have a cup of Starbucks Peppermint Hot Chocolate in my hand.

Here is a quote from his blog:

“For the next forty minutes, the creamy and delicious chocolate, accented with peppermint, topped with whipped cream and completed with a chocolate swirl and red sugar sprinkles kept me company…”

So, Chef Wayne decided to make his own.

Materials available at work:

Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate Mix (With Marshmallows) – Which, will give my mix the rich chocolate taste.

Various Tea Bags – Which, includes the Caffeine Free Herbal Mint tea.

Low Fat Milk – Either the low fat milk, or the half-and-half Creamer. The Low Fat Milk seem fresher, and a good substitute for the whipped cream.

Kit-Kat Bars – I found it hiding in my drawer. I think it is still eatable. Good enough to replace the chocolate swirl and sugar sprinkles.

Instructions:

1) Pour hot water in a paper cup. Insert the Caffeine Free Herbal Mint Tea.
2) Empty the bag of Hot Chocolate Mix into Wayne’s Coffee Mug. Add hot water, but leave ¼ room for other ingredients.
3) Stir the Hot Chocolate with the Kit-Kat bar.
4) Add low fat milk.
5) Continue to stir the Hot Chocolate Mix.
6) Add Caffeine Free Herbal Mint Tea into the Mix.
7) Break a new Kit-Kat bar into many little pieces. And add them to the mix.

Then I got a call to attend a phone conference. So, I left my mug filled with delicious smelling Wayne’s Peppermint Chocolate Mix on my table.

After 40 minutes, I returned to my desk, only to find that my mix has became warm. But that was okay, because I usually don’t drink HOT stuff anyway. So, I took a sip of my Peppermint Chocolate Mix… then I stood up.

I walked over to the company kitchen. Turn on the water, dump the entire mug of sh*t liquid into the sink. Rinse the mug. Dry the mug. Filled the mug with plain warm water. Go back to my desk. And start typing this blog entry.

Moral of the story: Wayne is retarded.

No comments: