Thursday, November 20, 2003

Fud Place of the Day


Good Restaurant
89 Greenwich Avenue (between 7th & 8th Aves.)
Phone: 212.691.8080
Fax: 212.691.8193
http://www.goodrestaurantnyc.com

So I went to the GOOD restaurant with PA001 last night. It was GOOD. I mean, aside from the name of the restaurant, the food was very GOOD. At least, I didn’t puke or end up having bad stomach.

PA001 always seem to knows where to go for fine dinning. (Except for that one time, we had the most strange middle eastern food...)

Anyway, here is what we ordered:

Starter: Marinated Calamari with cucumber, baby greens, pickled red onion & crisp olive croutons with fresh dill and mint.

Review: A very refreshing starter salad. With good amount of calamari and grilled red onions, this is surely a delightful starter before any entrees. If you don’t like sea food or cold starters, than this is not the dish for you.

Wayne’s Entrée: Grilled Pork Tenderloin with creamy savory cabbage & roasted apple with cider glaze.

Review: This is recommended by PA001, and it was sure the best recommendation on food that I ever had. I’m not much of a pork eater. (Well, I’m Chinese, and I’m sure you have heard the common myth on Chinese people eat anything that moves) But I have decided to give it a try. And I’m glad I did. The Pork Tenderloin was indeed, very tender. Juicy and soft to chew. The sweet glaze over the surface of the pork combined with the marinated cabbage created the unique taste that totally satisfied my watery mouth.

PA001’s Entrée: Grilled Faicco’s Chicken Sausages on frisee-shiitake-goat cheese salad

Review: PA001 was kind enough to let me have a taste of his dish, despite that I have licked my plate clean and was totally full. The chicken sausage itself, was pretty plain, but very crunch. But as soon as I put a fork full of the goat cheese salad in my mouth, I melted completed. As a salad lover, I totally dig this salad. It had a very unique lime-mint-yummy-oh-yeah-baby taste to the dressing, which, I couldn’t quite describe. However, the taste of the salad was a little be ‘strong’ to eat as a regular salad dish. That is probably why the plain crunchy chicken sausages were added to balance the entire entrée.. .

Dessert: Warm Dark Chocolate Cake with Kahlua chocolate sauce & coffee ice cream

Review: Ever heard of the word, sweet as candy? Well, this one will definitely make your tooth hurt. VERY Sweet and VERY Chocolate!! If you are a chocolate lover, this is the thing for you!

The best part of the night, was that I ‘accidentally’ bumped into a very handsome hot dark hair dark eyes tall European guy wearing ivory colored suit pants and brown jacket. I was standing up, to put my coat on… At the same time, he was coming out from Men’s room from behind. From the reflection of the glass window, I saw him coming. So I basically leaned my body backward a little bit while trying to insert my left arm in the sleeve. Then magically, my shoulder bumped into his chest. At the moment where our bodies collapsed against each other, I threw off my balance and let my body free-fall toward the right, as if his well-build chest bounced me off. He lift his right arm, and caught my right shoulder, preventing me from falling.

I turned left and looked up.

My eyes met his eyes.

“Oh, Excuse me. I’m very sorry.”

“It is okay.”

Then I realized the handsome man is straight. There’s no chance for me, after all, to pursue anything. (Hack, I have Paw already!)

I regained my balance. Nodded my head to him. Smiled. Then walked to the exit.

No comments: