Monday, September 29, 2003

Changes Over Time


Like a self-loving moron that I am. I constantly update and change my photos on the internet. Yesterday, I was going through the archive of my past photos. (Well, more like, backing them up on a CD, and delete the old files) I opened up a photo of myself, that was taken in April of 2000.

Ah.

Then I opened up a photo that I took weeks ago.

Ah.

Same pose.

Then I place them side by side in PhotoShop.

Wow.

I look different. I mean, it’s me in the pictures, but the shape of my face is different. Not just the shape of my face, but also my nose, my eyes, and my cheeks. Even my lips look different.

My eyes have gotten a bit smaller, and the lines under my eyes are deeper now. Along the lines, it curved down around my nose to the edge of my lips. I can clearly see the lines that resemble old age. It is the same line, that I add, when I’m drawing an older person. The two lines. My lips have gotten smaller, and more curled up toward the center of my face… I know, that’s a strange description, but that’s how I see my lips.
The edge of my face used to be sharp, pointy. But now, it is more round, and… I think my chin has gone wider. Yeah, It got wider.

It has only been 3 years, but I definitely look different now.

I backup all the photos from the past and saved them on a disc. I deleted all the old images from my computer, to free up more space. On the disc, I wrote “Photo Collection, 1999-2003.” I placed it in my drawer among my other CDs.

I sighed.

Is it either the aging process or that I have gained weight, or even the combination of both. But clearly, my physical appearance have changed.

I’m not sure if I should feel good or bad about it. All I know is, I like how I looked in year 2000.

No comments: