Monday, August 21, 2006

Not sure, but Just Exactly How....

Sick can I be?

Let's just say that my Acid Reflux started to rumble again last Wednesday. I guess my body has finally gotten used to Prilosec OTC. Every once in a while, I have to switch to anoter An-Acid product. Perhaps, this time, I'll go back to Nexium. But I needed to call my Doctor first, so I can get the prescription.

On Friday, during the afternoon, I went and have lunch at a local 'cafteria' style retaurant... There aren't much selections in Jersey City. Lately, I have been a soup digger... So I wondered my a$$ around the Soup-Of-The-Day area... and saw "Chicken Gumbo" and "Manhattan Clam Chowder."

I had Chicken soup in the morning already, so I got myself a bowl of Manhattan Clam Chowder. And yes, I did thought about if the soup is cream based. But the difference between a Manhattan Clam Chowder and a New England Clam Chowder, is that - Manhattan is red, and contains tomatoes.

"Tomatoe Soup Based." I thought. So I ate my salad and the soup like a cow.

30 minutes after, I started to feel sick.

Oh SH*T. I thought. The Manhattan Clam Chowder contains DIARY Creamer after all....

On top of the Acid Reflux, I got the Lactose Intolerant thingy going.

I went to the bathroom 3 times. Vomited twice before I get off work.

Then I had to go to Club Stereo to attend a friend's music performance premiere & a Birthday bash.

I went, I smiled, I waved, I hugged, I vomited, I laughed, I dance a little, I vomited more - then I go myself the heck out of there. As soon as I left the club, I speed-walked back to the train station and hoping to catch the LIRR back home.

On Saturday, I woke up feeling like a fish out of water. Totally drained. But I had to head to the city... for some... Prior arrangement.

On Sunday, I felt better, the Lactose Intolerant had gotten much better.. But the Acid Reflux is still there. I get to see Snakes on a Plane with Paw. Which, was pretty entertaining. (Ahem, yeah. Entertaining. But I didn't say it was GOOD)

Mmmm....

Right now, I can still feel the acid pumping up against my throat... Okay, need to go take a Zantac....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah....I have both of those two problems too. I think my acid reflux is much worse than yours though. I can't find anything that really works for either problem other than changing my dietary habits. None of those drugs seem to help.

That's why I try not to eat past 7pm anymore.

Wayne said...

Orange Juice = Deadly