Monday, December 01, 2003

Milk, It does a body good! II


My 7th grade was filled with up and downs. Aside from my dramatic improvement with my English language speaking/writing skills, I have also struggled to get myself out of the ESL (English as a second language) class.

The 40 minutes lunch time was considered Heaven, to us 7th graders. Aside from getting away from books, lectures and teachers, it was a great time for friends to gossip and play. However, unlike other students, I was more of a loner. I’d usually hang out with two other Asian boys, since there were very few of them on campus, but for some reason, I couldn’t connect with them. (Well, they talked about girls this girls that, and I had problem getting into the conversation.) So, most of my lunch time, I’d walk around aimless near the grass field.

I couldn’t remember the exact day or time that this happened, but I came across 3 guys while I was walking. I actually knew one of them. Jeff, was his name. He used to live near my home before we moved to another neighborhood.

I gave Jeff a quick nod and continue to walk pass them. Then all of the sudden, one of the guys grabbed my right arm.

Moron: “Hey You. What’s the hurry?”

Wayne: “I’m not in a hurry.”

I tried to shake his hand off my arm.

Moron: “Oh yeah? You know Kung Fu?”

Then he started to make the famous Bruce Lee “Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…Ayyyiiiii” sound, while tighten his fingers around my elbow.

I remember saying “Let Go!” to the bastard, and looked over to Jeff.

Jeff stood silently.

He just stood there watching the entire scenario. No facial expression.

The third guy was laughing. Seemed he was enjoying the show.

I said again, “Let Go!” and shook my right arm back and forth. And that was when the damn bastard threw me onto the ground.

At that point, I was at the peak of my anger. With all the things that I’ve been though, my body was filled the battle cells. I was ready to explode. I was, ready to fight back.

I glared at him. Stood up and with all my strength, I gave him a spinning side kick right at his thigh. (I didn’t went though 3 years of Tae Kwon Do for nothing!)

PAH!

The back of my foot had slammed against his right thigh.

He smirked.

With his two hands, he pushed me back onto the ground.

Sissy!”

Was the last word that I heard, before the lunch bell rang.

The three of them turned and walked away, left me sitting on the ground.

(Okay, I admit it, I was a Tae Kwon Do dropped out…)

I got up and realized that I shouldn’t have kicked him.

Because:

1) Fighting is not the answer. I could have pretend that I got really hurt, gather all the witnessed, filled out a police report, then suit his A$$ off.

2) I should have used my nails, jump on him, pull his hair and scratch his eyes out.

No, what really went though my mind, was what my mom told me in the past, that I should never fight back with fists. Smart people fight with words. I should have report the entire situation to the Dean, and have that little bastard grounded, and sent home from school.

But to me, being sent home is more like a luxury. How do I know if his mom will punish him for what he did? Who knows, maybe his entire family are a bunch bastards.

From that day, I have made up my mind, that I will get back to him some day. (No one calls me a Sissy! No one!!! I’m a Princess!!! Not a Sissy!!!)

Be ware of us Capricorn, we ‘remember’ things. One of the greatest and scariest quality about Capricorn, is that we have really good patience. It is never too early or too late to ‘revenge.’

Ever since that incident, I started to drink milk. Lots of milk. At the same time, I have also enrolled myself at a local Karate Dojo. (I continued to drink milk until I reached the age of 18, when I found out that I'm Lactose Intolerant.)

It was during the 10th grade year, that I finally encountered the bastard again.

When I saw the bastard walking down the hallway, I showed no fear.

Because now I am stronger than yesterday, not it’s nothing but my way. My sissiness ain’t killing me no more. I am, I’m stronger~~ ooh hey, yeah~~~

Come on, now~~ Oh yeah ~~~

Here I go, on my own~ I don’t need nobody, better off alone~~
Here I go, on my own now~
I don’t need nobody, not anybody~~
Here I go, Here I go, Here I go, Here I go, alright~~~~~
Here I go, Here I go, Here I go, Here I go~~

'cause now I'm~
Stronger than yesterday~~
Now it's nothing but my way~~~
My loneliness ain’t killing me no more~~~
I'm, I'm stronger~~~

Ops, I got carried away.

Ahem. Anyway. Our eyes met. I was face-to-face with the bastard. I was walking in the center of the hallway. And so was he.

His eye brows moved a bit, after he recognized me. My eyes focused on his eye balls.

I eyed him up and down, and realized that he hasn’t grown at all. He was just as tall when he was in 7th grade. During the 3 years, I have gotten taller and mentally, I was more confident of myself.. The tip of his head barely touched my shoulder. He was really short.

The distance between us became shorter. I wasn’t going to move out of his way. Actually, I have been waiting for this moment for a very long time, and I was waiting for him to make the first move. (Always wait for the other person to make the first move, later on, you can point your finger and yelled “He did it first! He did it first!!”)

In my head, I had pictured numerous scenarios of what will happened.

I saw myself doing a high-kick and knocked him backwards, with bleeding nose. Screaming “Back at you, you bastard, from what you did to me!”

I saw myself giving him the four-finger eye strike with my left hand and then elbow his chest with my right, knocked him onto the floor, coughing, choking, and moaning in pain. “This is your lesson of life, NEVER mess with an Asian!”

I saw myself doing a round-house kick, with my ankle slamming against his ear, forced him back, and then give him a fierce jab at the lower stomach. “You so tough, huh? Like that?! Want more?!”

I saw myself grabbing his ears with my both of my hands, and slamming my right knee up his face several times. “Bastard! You Bastard!”

The closer we got, the more uncomfortable he appeared to be. I kept my eyes focused on him. Took a deep breath, I prepared my body for the combat of my life. Then all of the sudden, his eyes looked away from me, and stepped to the side.

I kept on walking forward, and he did the same.

Then he walked passed me.

He walked AROUND me.

I kept on marching forward, at the center of the hallway until I reached my Math class.

I had a grin on my face for the rest of the day.

No comments: