Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Milk, It does a body good!

This is a not quite a sequel for my previous entry. But close enough.

I moved to California at the age of 10. In a City some where within the big Orange County. (Yep. Pua, I’m from OC!) Back then, the Asian population within my home town city was 1%. In the entire Elementary, Jr. High school, there were only 4 Asian students. So, basically, I had few years of experience being a real “minority.”

During the years from Elementary to Junior High School (4 years, since I started my American student career at fifth grade.) I had total 4 major incidents of being bulled by other students. The language problem didn’t help me much, in identifying what kind of mess that I was in, or seeking help. I basically put up with it.

Out of the 4 incidents, I will blog about two of them. Since they were must more special to me.

The first incident, happened to me during my 5th grade year. (And you thought Elementary kids are cute, well, let me tell you, they are very evil!) This happened a week after I got spit on by another student (Brandon, yes. I remember you!) at the play ground. It was after school, some kids went home, some kids stayed. I usually go home like every other students. It just happened that my mom had to went to the DMV get some applications, that I stayed after school with 4 other classmates.

4-Square, is a game where each player stay within one square and hit the ball back and forth between the players. If a player failed to ‘bounce’ the ball back to another square, then he/she is out of the game. Another player would step in and fill up the empty square. Anyway, I’m sure there are better explanation about this game out on the internet, but let me back to the main story.

We were playing 4-Square at the play ground.

As the sky got darker, some of my classmates went home. Then there were only 3 of us left.

Me, Adam, and a kid-stranger.

Then there came a boy on a bicycle.

He got off from his bicycle and said something to Adam.

Adam turned to the kid-stranger and said something.

The kid-stranger shook his head.

Adam turned to me.

“He asked to join the game. XXXX (kid-Stranger) can’t stay. Do you want to play more?”
I shook my head, it was time to go home anyway.

Adam turned his head to the Bicycle Boy and told him that we are not going to play anymore.

I walked to the 4 Squares (drawn on the ground) to pick up my ball. (Yep. It was mine)

Then all of the sudden, the Bicycle Boy charge forward and whacked the ball out of my hands.

He grabbed the ball with his right hand and said something to me.

Adam: “Give it back to him, you bastard.”

“……………..” (I didn’t know what is going on, I didn’t know what to do)

Bastard: “What’s the big deal.”

I wanted to say something, but not sure how to put them in English.

Adam: “Give it back to him now. Otherwise, you will be very sorry!”

Bastard: “Whatever”

And he threw the ball back at me, and it landed in front of my feet.

I reached down and picked up the ball.

The bastard kid started shot…”F**K you, go back to China! You don’t belong here! Get the F**K out of my country!”

I turned and start to walk away with the ball in my hand.

At the same time, Adam started to ran up to that Bastard kid.

The Bastard kid jumped onto his bike and paddled away, constantly chanting something that I knew was very bad.

Adam: “It is okay Wayne. He’s stupid. Don’t pay attention to him.”

I nodded my head and said “Thank You” with very heavy Chinese accent.

I wiped the tears and nose clean before I entered the front door of my house.

Mom greeted me from the kitchen. “Ah-Wayne, how’s your day?”

Wayne: “Good.”

Then I went up to my room and turned on my cry-baby mode.

Adam, yes. He was my Elementary to High School Crush. (Okay, so I didn’t realize that I was gay in 4th grade, but I sure know who I really like during Jr. High) Status?! Okay, Adam is around my height, blond hair, crystal clear blue eyes, and he was in the High School Soccer Team. (Oh baby! I love Sa-Ka playas) Very David Beckham-ish. (They have the same eyes) I still wonder how he is doing right now… Whenever I went back home, I’d drop pass his house (I don’t know if he moved or not) and see if I can magically bumped into him. But no luck. He is the only person that I can not dig out any information on the internet.

The next incident is a major turn point in my life, and it happened during my 7th grade year.


To be continued…

No comments: