Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Baby Powder


It’s a wonderful beautiful totally bitchin’ Tuesday morning here at work. I came to my cubical at the usual regular time. Following the every day routine, I took off my jacket, put my bag at the corner, turn on the monitor, the computer, the printer, and then press on the “Play Message” button on the company phone.

Since my last break-out with the stomach problem… Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, that my Primary Care Physician is not cute at all. As a matter of fact, I was almost in tears when he asked me to take off my clothes and put on that thin Hospital examination patient clothes. Can you imagine how I feel when he ran his hands up and down my chest and then my back and then press up and down on my tummy and thigh?!

“Does it hurt?”

“No.” (Little does he know, it hurts me… Mentally)

“Does this hurt?”

“No.” (And I was crying inside)

“How about here?”

“No.” (Help me Help me!)

“Okay, stand up.”

“Okay.”

“Lift the lower part up. I’ll have to check your pelvis.”

“What?”

Then he put his hand on my pelvis and pressed hard.

“Okay, no hard spots. You are fine.”

“Okay.” (*#$&*!&$!#%&*!&%*&%*#%$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Damn. If my PCP looks like Doctor Kevin (The Dentist who did my root canal), I’d bare all and he can do anything and everything to me… Unless if it is really kinky. But again, with Doctor Kevin, I don’t mind being adventurous with him.

Uh, Oops. Sorry, I got side-tracked. Let me get back to the real story here.

Since my last break-out with the stomach problem, I stopped drinking coffee. (Well, not totally stopped drinking coffee… I had a cup of coffee within the last 3 months. And it was one of those Iced Coffee + Tea Milk Boba drink.) I have replaced my morning drink with Green Tea. As suggested by the Company Nurse, that it will benefit my body more than over dosing myself with caffeine.

So, I made myself two cups of Green Tea. Sat down in front of my computer and start checking my emails and stuff…. Then all of the sudden. I heard some noise.

PPPPSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTT.

PPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTT.

My Co-Workers and myself, including whoever works around this cubical area, know what that sound meant.

Someone has just spread the Air Refresh-ner.

It can only meant one thing.

Someone farted.

Whoever is praying that damn can, farted.

The scent of heavy baby powder invaded my cubical within 15 seconds after the spraying action.

I couldn’t possible drink my cup of tea. The smell was so strong, that it made my feel dizzy.

Not just the strong baby powder aroma that made my stomach upset, but also the fact, that the smell also contain the gas from a 61 years old woman.

I stood up. With the cup in my hand, I walked toward the company kitchen. Pretending that I went to re-fill the hot water. Then as soon as I stepped into the kitchen, I saw my sister standing there with another co-worker of mine.

We all had a weird smirk on our face.

The company kitchen has became a sacred place for us.

It was there, where we can find peace when the baby powder attacks.

No comments: