Monday, August 25, 2003

Warm Liquid

Beep Beep Beep Beep – The sound that pulled me back into the real world. My alarm did what I told him to do. To wake me up 6:00 AM in the morning. Since I didn’t see the need of going to work early, I set the alarm clock to ring at it’s usual hour.
Flipping around, it took me a while to really get my ass out of my bed, and made my way to the floor. (For those of you who didn’t know, that I sleep on the ‘2nd floor’ – as what my sister and I called my loft bed) I felt a strange sensation. A stream of warmth. Like thick white warm milk. About to come out of the inner part of my body.

This is exactly the same feeling I had, when I was 12. I was laying on my bed when this feeling woke me from my sleep. Instead of getting up, I slept though. The next day, when I woke up, I was covered with… Ahem. No, I know what you are thinking, but that’s not it.

The warmth feeling came from the upper region of my nose. As the warm juice made their way down, I quickly place my right hand over my nose and mouth. Grabbed my shower towel with my left hand and I dashed toward the bathroom.


Blood, running down my nose and over my lip.
Blood, flowing down my lips and down to my chin and landed in the sink.

For some reason, the image of Carrie, at her prom night flashed in front of my eyes.

I leaned my head above the sink, while reaching for the toilet paper. But it was out of reach.

I struck my left finger up in my nose and moved 3 steps to my right. I grabbed a couple sheets of the toilet paper and rolled them up. As if I was making my own personalized tobacco. And replace my finger with it. (No, I don’t smoke – I just have to clarify that)

While waiting for the bleeding to stop, I washed my hands with soap and wiped the sink clean.

I took a rather ‘cool’ shower with the nose-plug this morning, and after that, everything went back to normal. As if, nothing happened. I was clean, fresh, and smell hella-good. (Thanks for my delicious Japanese body soap)

Sipping on my large Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee Coolatta, I made my way to work. Turned my computer on, and the printer, and unlocked my drawer.

Then all of the sudden. The warmth feeling came up again.


I grabbed the napkins that had been sitting on my desk over the weekend, rolled them up and shovel them up my nose. Placed my right hand over my nose and mouth again and made my way to the restroom.

And, I repeat the process of rinse my face clean while having wet tissue stuck in my nose. Sometimes, I wonder if this will make my nose-hole bigger…
I looked up to check to see if there are any stains left on my face. In the mirror, my face did not look good. I mean, I looked so pale this morning. So pale and so tired. I thought my usual daytime facial lotion would keep me radiant and healthy looking… But it didn’t do its job today. (Clarification, my combination – troubled facial skin is very funky. If I don’t put lotion on certain area, the skin will turn red and start peeling, while my t-zone produces loads and loads of oil. I usually apply a thin layer of daytime lotion with sun block on my face, just to keep the dry areas moist – plus it make my entire face shining, not just the t-zone area.)

After I returned to my desk, I sat down on my chair, asking myself what could have caused this to happened.

Oh yeah, I picked my nose when I got off the bed this morning.

Ack. Bad habit.

No comments: