Friday, June 20, 2003

They call it Dunkin' Donuts Alright

As usual - There are two spots that I stop by every morning, when I get off of the train @ the Penn Station. Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts. It really depends on my mood... and what I feel like having in the morning. Either the MA-KI-YA-Toe or the Coffee COOL-LAH-TAH.
N-E-Way, I wanted the Coolatta. So, I stopped at the Dunkin' Donuts booth, and waited in line.
Believe me, it was crazy.
The customers who got their donut where shaking their heads...

A gentleman, carrying the medium size coffee said: "Oh God..." as he walked pass me.
A lady, wearing a dark blue suit, carrying her medium size iced coffee yelled: "Where's the sugar?"

The line was pretty long. I was standing behind a man wearing a dark red sweater.
Look over his shoulder... I saw... I saw...

4 people, dressed in the nice Dunkin' Donut uniform. Covered, with sugar, milk, coffee, and some red stuff. Their fingers are all either glossy or covered with some white powder. (From donut picking)

They were running moving back and forth, from side to side, shoveling each other out of their way.

The cashier was keying the dollar amounts, while the manager was yelling at her... "Four dollars and seventy cents.. Faster Faster!

As the line got shorter, the more mess I can see behind the Dunkin' Donut counter.

Finally, I'm the first in line.

The Manger asked: "What can I get you sir?" (running out of breath)

Wayne: "Medium Caramel Coffee Coolatta"

The Manger: "What?"

Wayne: "Medium.........Coffee...... Coolatta.............Caramel"

The Manger: "Okay"

Then the Cashier looked at me.

I looked back.

The Cashier kept on looking at me.

I asked: "How much" (was she expecting me to know exactly how much this thing cost plus the new tax rate?)

The Cashier: "Four...*mummbles*"

I got out five bucks and send it her way.

Then I saw some milk drops in the sky. Some black flew across the room.

I looked toward the direction where the milk came from. And I saw one of the uniformed girls, standing here, starring on the floor. Her hat, her hair, and half of her face were covered with milk. Standing to her, was a uniformed guy, saying "Oh damn, Sorry"

******
dunk
v. dunked, dunk·ing, dunks
1. To plunge into liquid; immerse.
2. To dip (food) into a liquid food, such as a beverage or sauce, prior to eating.
3. Basketball. To slam (a ball) through the basket from above.

*****

She didn't move.

He didn't move.

Then, suddenly, I felt few drops of cold stuff on my face.

******

dunk
v. dunked, dunk·ing, dunks
1. To submerge oneself briefly in water.
2. Basketball. To slam (a ball) through the basket from above.

*****

I turned.

And there it was, my Medium Carmel Coffee Coolatta. (I guess that Manager guy banged it against the counter table to get my attention or something)

I grabbed the Coolatta, felt the wetness on the side of the plastic container.

I took out a stack of napkin out of my bag, I hold onto my Coolatta tight, and dashed toward the 2,3 train entrance.

No comments: